Congratulations to our Year 11 pupils who have achieved a superb set of GCSE results in 2016!
Cranford House are delighted to be celebrating their third consecutive year of record breaking GCSE results. Once again, our pupils have notched up our best ever scores with an incredible 62% of grades achieved at A*-A this year and 92% of all grades at A*-B.
The core subjects proved consistently strong with an impressive 76.5% and 73% A*-A grades in English Language and Literature respectively, 82% A*-B grades in Mathematics and 79% A*-A grades in Triple Science.
In Modern Foreign Languages, pupils scored 100% Grades A*-C with a superb 81% of scores at A*-A in German and French, while the school’s renowned Performing Arts Faculty also wowed, with a spectacular 100% A*-A grades in Music and 100% A*-B grades in Art.
|A* – A||62%||59%||59%|
|A* – B||92%||88%||87%|
|A* – C||98%||99%||98%|
Headmaster Dr James Raymond commented, “This is an incredible achievement and real evidence of both our girls’ hard work and our continued academic success here at Cranford House. These are tremendous results, particularly for a non-selective school. It’s also great to see record numbers of A* and A grades, evidencing an excellent stretch at the top end of the cohort. I am hugely proud of both our pupils and our dedicated teachers and I look forward to Cranford House continuing on this superb trajectory.”
- - An incredible 62% of grades achieved at A*-A
- - 92% of all grades at A*-B
- - 21% of our pupils achieved a full set of A*-A grades
- - 73% A*-A grades in both English Language and Literature
- - 82% A*-B grades in Mathematics
- - 79% A*-A grades in Triple Science with 86% A*-A in Biology
Modern Foreign Languages
- 100% Grades A*-C in Modern Foreign Languages, with 81% of scores at A*-A in German and French & 100% A*-B in Spanish
- 77% A*-A grades in Geography
- 87% A*-A in History
- 82% A*-B in RS & Sociology
Arts, Computing & PE
- 100% A*-A grades in Music
- 83% A*-A grades in Art
- 83% A*-B in Drama
- 100% A*-B in Food
- 100% A*-B in ICT
- 100% A*-B in PE