We are delighted to see 2017 delivering a third consecutive year of exceptional GCSE Results for Cranford House School.
The third consecutive year of value-added scores in excess of +1.2 and almost 90% of all grades at A*/B.
- An average value-added score of +1.2.
- Almost 90% of all grades at A*-B.
- Outstanding 77% Triple Science grades at A*-A, with 98% A*-B.
- In Mathematics, 31% of pupils achieved the new 8 and 9 grade.
- Excellence in STEM continued with an outstanding 71% A*/A in Technology and impressive value-added score of +1.2
- Modern Foreign Languages recorded fantastic results of 98% Grades A*-B, with 68% of scores at A*-A.
- The Humanities faculty, achieved a similarly outstanding value-added score in excess of +1.4 (A*/A 67%) and the Music department also achieved an impressive value-added score of over +1.5 (71% A*/A).
- In Performing Arts, an impressive 85% of grades were achieved at A*-B, with similar success for our Hockey stars, where the team achieved an outstanding 69% A*/A
Headmaster Dr James Raymond commented, “These are an excellent set of results which reflect the hard work, dedication and determination of our fabulous Year 11s. We are very proud of them all and they richly deserve all of their success. This is a tremendous achievement, particularly for a non-selective school like ours which welcomes pupils of all abilities. I’m particularly pleased, in the context of the changes to the curriculum and grading in Mathematics and English, to see our overall value-added score showing yet again that pupils at Cranford House can expect to achieve 1.2 grades higher per subject than they would elsewhere. For a non-selective school like Cranford House, this is the most important measure and reflects most clearly the hard work and determination of our pupils to succeed.”
Our Head Girls' Stories
Our inspiring Head Girl, Mollie Darwent, has proved herself an outstanding all-rounder throughout her career in our Senior School. In addition to her seamless academic record, she has played a huge part in school life as a long-term member of the Senior Choir, a driving force in our Young Enterprise team and a committed member of the school sports squads. Mollie has performed exceptionally well in her GCSE results, including gaining a coveted Grade 9 in her GCSE Mathematics and A/A* in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Spanish, Geography, History and Business Studies.
Deputy Head Girls Amelia Parkes and Stephanie Rapley both performed superbly in their examinations, racking up an amazing nine A* and five A grades between them as well as two Grade 9s and two Grade 8s! Amelia gained an exceptional 100% A* to A, including two hard won Grade 9s, placing her in the top 3% of the country. In addition to providing confident and inspirational leadership as part of the Head Girl team, with Mollie, both girls also excelled individually. Amelia has been a much-valued member of our Chamber Choir and First XI Hockey Team. Stephanie has attained Grade 8 Singing and sung in Chamber Choir as well as making up part of our award-winning Youth Speaks debating team. Amelia intends to go on to study veterinary science after attending Magdalen College for her A-levels. Stephanie will continue her studies at St Helen and St Katharine, studying Mathematics and Sciences. ;
GCSE Results (2015 - 2017)
|A* / 9-8||16%||29%||21%|
|A*-A / 9-7||49%||62%||59%|
|A*-B / 9-6||80%||92%||88%|
|A*-C / 9-4||96%||98%||99%|