What information do we collect about you?
We collect information about you and your child from you when you register an interest in Cranford House. This could be as a prospective parent visiting the School, or as a guest at one of our Open Events. When your child is accepted as a pupil at the School, we collect more detailed information about you and your child.
The information we collect about you includes:
- Names and contact details
- Education related records, including information about special educational needs, and examination results
- Images, audio and video recordings
- Financial information
As a school, we also collect special category personal data such as medical information in order to comply with the law regarding, for example, safeguarding. We may also gather information about your child from other sources, such as previous schools or other professionals.
How do we use this information?
We use the information we collect in a number of ways:
- To provide education to pupils
- To support pupil learning
- To monitor and report on pupil progress
- To provide appropriate pastoral care
- To assess how well the School is doing
- To publish examination results
- To communicate with former pupils
- To monitor pupils’ email communication and internet use for the purpose of ensuring compliance with the School’s ICT and Network Codes of Conduct for Pupils
- Where appropriate, to promote the School to prospective pupils (including through the School’s prospectus and website)
- To comply with the law regarding data collection and sharing
How do we collect data?
Whilst the majority of information you provide to us is mandatory, some of it is provided on a voluntary basis. We will inform you whether you need to provide certain information to us or if you have a choice in this.
Where the data collected is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time by contacting the School.
How do we store data?
We hold data both digitally and in paper form in accordance with our Data Retention Policy. Please ask in the main School Office or access the Parent Message Centre if you would like to receive a copy of this document.
When do we share data?
We share data in order to comply with the law and to support pupil learning. We will only share data where the law or our policies allow, or we have received explicit consent. We share data with:
- Our local authority
- The Department for Education
- The Independent Schools’ Council
- The School Nurse/NHS
- Safeguarding agencies (for example, Oxfordshire Children’s Safeguarding Board and the Police)
- External providers of lessons and activities (peripatetic music teachers, external providers of clubs)
- Third-party software providers (MIS, productivity applications, educational resources)
Access to your information
You have a right to request a copy of the information we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please request this in writing to the Headmaster.
We want to ensure your information is up-to-date, so please contact us if you become aware that your information is inaccurate or needs updating.
How to contact us
- by email on firstname.lastname@example.org
- or write to us at Cranford House, Moulsford, Wallingford, OX10 9HT
Current parents can access our Whole School General Data Protection Regulations Policy via the Parent Message Centre.